Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Missed thing 2 again

Well I could not find how to edit the post after it is posted. So I started a new post and will investigate how to delete the first post.

Habit #2 - Accept responsibility for your own learning - I believe that whole heartedly. Learning new things, even the most little bit of information will build and helps to boarden your mind. Learning something totally new can be exciting but also frightening. Expanding yourself opens your world to new and more colorfully people that you may meet along the journey. Time constraints could bar you from learning something new. You can take an old hobby to expand on. I like to knit but crocheting would be something new and different. I can crochet a chain and turn and crochet back but the different patterns are something I would like to learn more of. Maybe someday I will make a crochet project but right now my knitting projects are in full swing. Genealogy is another hobby that I learn how to expand my family tree. I am continuously having to figure out what direction to go forward on a family member until I "hit a brick wall". Even my ancestors are pushing me to learn more everyday.

Habit 6 - Use technology to your advantage - I like using technology in my everday world. I use a digital camera often. I take pictures of nature, cemeteries, family members. I even have my husband photo documenting the restoration of a 1968 Chevelle. Digital cameras are wonderful for many uses. I have several thumb drives/flash drives. I backup files for my genealogy and pictures. I use a cell phone everyday keeping in touch with family and friends. The internet is a must for me with doing genealogy searches, checking e-mail, or looking at web cams in Ocean City Maryland. I am able to connect with distant family members in other states. I have a scanner that is a must for copying old photos or documents into the computer to preserve them. I would really like to have a portable scanner to have when I visit older family members to copy their photos into my computer rather than having to go and scan them at the nearest WalMart. Nothing is every easy it is just how you go around it to meet your needs.

1 comment:

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

you get there via your dashboard. Look for the link that says Posts. You can edit or delete from there.